Tuesday, October 14, 2014

New Resources for a Veteran Newbie


This week I put my teacher-shoes back on after a relocation and short break from teaching.  Now that I'm picking up a few ESL classes I am back to being a newbie at the institution where I'll be teaching.  Whenever I start a new class, I think about what new resources I will be adding in to my usual repertoire of technology tools.

Here are a few that I know I'll come to depend on:
  • I thought long and hard about using Edmodo, but have decided to go with Canvas for Higher Ed as my LMS of choice.
  • I'll definitely add Makers Films to my list of go-to videos.
  • I'm looking forward to trying out my free account with PowToon.
  • There's an added comic twist here to Six Word Memoirs that can be a nice icebreaker activity.
  • Just for fun, I'd love to find 5 minutes of class time to have students use this Emoji Finder.
I think that's more than enough to get more started!



No comments:

Post a Comment