This week I put my teacher-shoes back on after a relocation and short break from teaching. Now that I'm picking up a few ESL classes I am back to being a newbie at the institution where I'll be teaching. Whenever I start a new class, I think about what new resources I will be adding in to my usual repertoire of technology tools.
Here are a few that I know I'll come to depend on:
- I thought long and hard about using Edmodo, but have decided to go with Canvas for Higher Ed as my LMS of choice.
- I have long relied on Socrative as my go-to feedback app, but here are a few more I may try out: 12 Good Tools for Gathering Real Time Feedback for Students.
- Grammar Girl Quick and Dirty Tips will come in use in my writing class.
- I'll definitely add Makers Films to my list of go-to videos.
- I'm looking forward to trying out my free account with PowToon.
- There's an added comic twist here to Six Word Memoirs that can be a nice icebreaker activity.
- Just for fun, I'd love to find 5 minutes of class time to have students use this Emoji Finder.
- The Second Annual 15-Second Vocabulary Video Contest would be good first project.
I think that's more than enough to get more started!