Thursday, January 26, 2012

Teaching Organization


It started with this turquoise chevron-patterned notebook.  Perfect for writing notes about the lesson plan for the day's class.  I printed and added a label.


Then I happened across a matching solid turquoise accordion file . . .


Printed labels (umm . . . turquoise ink of course) for the tabs.



Added a label to a matching two-pocket folder.  And just like that, all my teaching materials for one class color-coded and labeled.  No more running to the wrong class with the wrong folder.  No more pulling out a handful of manila folders from my bag and trying to figure out which one has handouts, which one has papers to pass back . .  and where are those quizzes?

Lesson Learned:  I often talk to my students about the importance of organization, suggesting that they keep their notes for each class together and have a place for handouts and other paperwork.  It's nice to talk about it, but it's better to teach by example.

No comments:

Post a Comment