Monday, January 23, 2012

Just a Break, not a Break-Up!


My last post was on December 1st.  My last day of the semester was December 16th.  And then I did not do anything school-related until January 11th, and did not have my first class of the semester until January 18th.  I waited to blog again until today.

What I did was take a break!  I didn't check Twitter 10x a day to see what new educational resources were being shared, I didn't read all the teachers' blogs I regularly read, and I didn't prepare lessons or grade papers.

Teachers know how important the time off is between semesters, during holidays, and over summer.  It gives us a chance to gain perspective, take a breath, get some sleep, and pull out from under our piles (real and virtual) of student work.  Then we come back refreshed, ready and excited.

I met the students in my new class Wednesday.  They were as all students are on the first day of class: nervous, shy, worried, and full of questions.  I was ready for them.  Because I took that break!




No comments:

Post a Comment