Friday, January 11, 2013

My Anchor




To say that it is a challenging time at the City College of San Francisco is an understatement.  Accreditation woes, a budget crisis, faculty and staff pay cuts, and so on continually bring me down.  But today I heard some great advice:  that we should think about what our anchor is, and hold on to it.  Remember what brings us joy in our work, and in our field.  Picture this anchor often, when we wake and before we sleep.  In other words, keep it in the forefront of our minds and hold on tightly.  That we will need our anchor as we move through this semester.

I thought about it and my anchor is my students.  I look forward to meeting them on Monday, and I'll hold tight to them - hoping to see engagement in their learning and excitement over their progress.  I look forward to improving my own teaching and learning, and feel thankful that I have them as my anchor.

No comments:

Post a Comment